Junk or worth saving??

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Darrin Herrera, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Hi All,

A friend is selling this desk that came from a convent. I am wondering if it has any value and worth me restoring or if its just firewood?? Appreciate your thoughts!

Attached Files:

judy likes this.
  2. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Circa 1910 empire revival piece. Not a lot of value but still some utility. If I could pick this up for $20.00 or less, I would purchase as a paint project for resale. Not really worth the effort for a restoration.

judy, pearlsnblume and Ghopper1924 like this.
  3. Thank you sir. When you say paint project you mean slap a coat of paint on it and flip it for the utilities it provides?

judy likes this.
  4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Yep.... It would then sell for somewhere just under $100.00 at retail in my semi-rural Midwest market. You would need to evaluate for your market. Would take the trouble to fill in the missing veneer corners before painting.

5. GoodJunk

GoodJunk New Member

With those wheels, it would make a fabulous bar cart. I would clean it up with Murphy's Oil soap and then go over it all with some Old English and then stage it with some cool liquor bottles and vintage martini glasses and try to sell it for around $200--depending on WHERE I am selling it. Someone will love that.

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted