Jose Francisco de Sousa palissy ware cup and saucer.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Mfk1502, May 26, 2020.

1. Mfk1502

Mfk1502 New Member

Hello, going through my wife’s grans old stuff.
    I am looking for information on a piece I have found. A cabbage ware cup and saucer. The research I have been able to do suggests it is a Jose Francisco de Sousa (JFS marking on the bottom) palissy ware piece? But I have no idea about it or value- can anyone help.

2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Could you please post photos of the piece and the marks? Someone will try to help I'm sure.

3. Mfk1502

Mfk1502 New Member

I have tried but I get an error saying the file is too large

scoutshouse likes this.
  4. sunday silence

sunday silence Well-Known Member

OK what you have to do is. Open the file again in something like photo shop. Now you should see button for "Resize.' CLick that. NOw it gives you an option for "percentage" or "pixels". Click on pixels. Now put in a number into one of the windows. 1200 is a good number to pick. Enter the number. The other window (vertical or horiznotal) will automatically adjust to make it the similar to other.

Now the picture looks the same to you but its changed. TRy to download it again.

5. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

If the picture is on your phone - email it to yourself as size medium, download it and then post if here. Pics have to be under 1MB.

6. Mfk1502

Mfk1502 New Member

Tank you... managed to get the pictures below 1 MB.... hope this helps

Attached Files:

7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome, Mfk.
    Full image so everyone can see.:)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

9. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Just wanted to say you take wonderful photos of your item. Also it is a gorgeous cup and saucer.
    greg

10. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

VERY PRETTY!!!

scoutshouse and Bronwen like this.
  11. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

It's the cabbage worm handle that cracks me up. From just the 2 examples I've seen, looks like this guy had a sense of humor (or rather Palissy did) & liked to include creatures with a bit of an ick factor. Great set. :)

12. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

NICE job getting the images up & FULL size!!!!! Thank you!!!!

Any Jewelry and Bronwen like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted