Johnson Brothers, Allertons and Japan Blue Willow Plates

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by KiraG, Nov 21, 2023.

?

There are 3 Johnson’s, 1 Allertons and 3 Japan Blue Willow Plates. Can you help find these markings?

Poll closed Jan 9, 2024.
  1. Age Range

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Price Range

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Real or Fake

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. KiraG

KiraG BeloveDrkAngel

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

no need for the poll......ask the questions in the post itself...... next time !:joyful:;)

bluumz likes this.
  3. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Just FYI, you don't need to use the polling feature, you can post without it.

Blue Willow was made by many companies for many years so "fake" doesn't really apply. It's very commonly found and mostly of little value.
    You have a range of ages for your examples, the Johnson Brothers piece is recent. The Allertons piece is early-ish 20th century, that mark being used from 1929-42, per THIS info. I don't know about the age of the Japan plate as I only collect English-made pieces (though not Blue Willow).
    Lots of info on the pattern and makers can be found by googling.
    My MIL had a large collection of vintage BW, they were her "everyday" dishes. When she passed we had an estate sale... nobody bought it and it ended up being donated to the local Salvation Army thrift store.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2023
    Aquitaine and Bakersgma like this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

still good pics !!!:)

Aquitaine likes this.
  5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

6. Bakersgma

According to Replacements, Allerton's discontinued the Willow pattern in 1907.

7. Bakersgma

8. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Not according to THIS, whom I'd be more inclined to believe over Replacements. :)
    Allertons marks with LTD (as OPs mark has) are post-1912. OPs plate also includes the words "Made in", which is generally post-1921.

Screenshot (12).png

kentworld, lvetterli and Bakersgma like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted