john walsh?pompiaen

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by mik60, Aug 23, 2020.

1. mik60

mik60 Member

20200823_201431.jpg 20200823_193405.jpg 20200823_193151.jpg hi everybody,had this vase for a number of yrs now.for the last yr decided to look into john walsh.i think I know there was a fire at some time which destroyed a good amount of records.if I'm anywhere near right this is from the pompiaen range also that the pink and amethyst were done in smaller numbers any help to confirm or deny would be great,many thanks

Attached Files:

komokwa likes this.
  2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Hi Mik . Im curious,where did you get John Walsh/Pompeian from ? It looks a lot like Mexican glass to me.

judy likes this.
  3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

And me.

judy likes this.
  4. mik60

mik60 Member

all started on the glass message board 3 or so yes ago was advised to look into the walsh connection,I live in uk an this came from a house clearance here I have put other bits up on this board which all came from the same place an to be honest really dont see the Mexico connect but appreciate your input ,many thanks

judy likes this.
  5. mik60

mik60 Member

thank you

judy likes this.
  6. mik60

mik60 Member

also the color showing is not showing the pink as it should,then the ground an polished pontil which again is not showing as should makes it nice and english but hey we can all be wrong and I am here to learn thanks again

judy likes this.
  7. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

foot construction looks right, I think you might be on the right track with Walsh.

judy likes this.
  8. mik60

mik60 Member

thank you, still I understand that there is a long way to go to come to an absolute yes.as I said still learning and hope to learn more on this board.

blooey likes this.
  9. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

As we all do . I learned about John Walsh Pompeii glass,wich I had never heard of ! I would have glanced at it,thought Mexican,and sailed right on by. Always learning on here . :) That being said,did I see that it was usually marked ?

10. mik60

mik60 Member

never quite sure on signed cant find a mark on this but the color and bubbles make it difficult,as I said still learning the thing I have found with all glass even from same company some signed some not makes it a minefield really.anyway thank you

11. mik60

mik60 Member

hi.have been online checking pompiaen seems not all were marked also this at the time was a real basic line for walsh glass aimed at the masses it seems,still as I've said previously long way to go yet and more to learn.many thanks

Draft saved Draft deleted