Johanson Roth for Meissen Maybe?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Snowman Cometh, Mar 29, 2024.

1. Snowman Cometh

Snowman Cometh Well-Known Member

I picked this up and did a search online.
    [​IMG]
    I found an exact one on ebay. The problem is, the stamp on the bottom of the ebay one is different than my own. They advertised it as Johansen Roth for Meissen.

This is the stamp on my figure.
    [​IMG]
    I looked at some Meissen stamp pages, and they all seem to be double swords.
    One did mention an AR stamp -
    Meissen AR Monogram
    [​IMG]

The AR monogram was a special mark reserved for objects used by the court of Elector August the Strong, (Augustas Rex), founder of the Meissen factory.

The two ARs are not the same.

Would anyone know what my AR stands for? Is it Meissen or Johansen Roth?

THANK YOU!

2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

The quality of this figurine just isnt what I would expect for Meissen. I could be wrong of course,so wait for others.

Snowman Cometh likes this.
  3. Marote

Marote Well-Known Member

4. Snowman Cometh

komokwa likes this.
  5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Snow....ur's looks to be the superior piece !! & no broken thumb..

Snowman Cometh likes this.
  6. Snowman Cometh

Thank you. I liked it. That's why I bought it. I didn't notice the one for sale has a broken thumb, and it's still close to $400. I'm thinking it won't sell.

Marote and komokwa like this.
  7. Snowman Cometh

This is something new regarding this piece. You can see it in the original photo. This is a close up of what appears to be either initials or some sort of code.
    Does anyone have any idea what this might stand for?
    upload_2024-4-2_19-32-23.jpeg
    I don't want to put ideas in anyone's head. When I looked at, I thought Johansen Roth. That could be a J and a weird R with no back. I'm probably wrong. I just have no idea.

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted