Japanese Textured Bell and Mini Jar

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by AzWifenMom, Sep 15, 2021.

1. AzWifenMom

AzWifenMom Active Member

Hi everyone. Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy.
    I did a little shopping and digging not to long ago and came across this bell and miniature jar. I can't seem to find anything about them or even find anything that even looks similar.
    The bell measures 6" tall and the base is 3" in diameter.
    The little jar is a hexagon shape and measures 2.5" tall
    Thank you for any help you all may have. Antiquers bell.jpg Antiquers bell1.jpg Antiquers bell2.jpg Antiquers bell3.jpg Antiquers bell4.jpg Antiquers bell5.jpg Antiquers jar.jpg Antiquers jar1.jpg Antiquers jar3.jpg Antiquers jar4.jpg

judy likes this.
  2. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

@AzWifenMom - Can we see a photo of the bottom of the vase & maybe a close-up of the design on the bell?

judy likes this.
  3. AzWifenMom

AzWifenMom Active Member

Antiquers bell6.jpg Antiquers bell7.jpg Antiquers bell8.jpg
    I already packaged up the little jar. I know there wasn't any type of marking on the bottom.

judy likes this.
  4. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Possibly investigate Satsuma for the vase.

I think the bell is much newer. I am not sure if this would still be considered moriage or not.

judy likes this.
  5. AzWifenMom

AzWifenMom Active Member

Thank you for the information. It gives me a place to start.

judy likes this.
  6. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

The bell is a late 20th century Chinese reproduction in the style of Satsuma. The vase is Japanese Satsuma with moriage, just pre ww2 or just after - it's at the bottom end of the quality level.

bercrystal, Any Jewelry and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted