Japanese Pottery

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Josh, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

Japanese pottery tea or sake set. I was told that this is Bizen pottery, after doing some research i will agree that it is. My problem is in trying to translate and identify the signature on the seal. There is a seal on the tray and also one on the bottom of the pot. Wondering if anyone might be able to translate. Thanks

DSCF6511 - Copy.JPG DSCF8453 - Copy.JPG DSCF8454 - Copy.JPG DSCF6512 - Copy.JPG DSCF6513 - Copy.JPG DSCF6514 - Copy.JPG DSCF6515 - Copy.JPG DSCF6516 - Copy.JPG DSCF6517 - Copy.JPG DSCF6518 - Copy.JPG

2. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Are you sure that spoon belongs with this set? It somehow doesn't match.

3. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

Not sure if the spoon was original to this set or not. This is how it came when I purchased it, along with a few other Japanese and Chinese pieces. The woman I bought these from told me her grandfather brought these back from Japan after WW2.

Draft saved Draft deleted