Japanese Porcelain Bowl Marks

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Ian Truslove, Feb 23, 2023.

1. Ian Truslove

Ian Truslove New Member

IMG_6864.jpg Unknown.jpeg I loved the beauty of this small translucent bowl and despite not wanting or needing it in any meaningful way...Had to buy it.

Could anyone help me identify the markings on the base?

Any help would be REALLY appreciated.

Best regards

Ian

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2023
    pearlsnblume likes this.
  2. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

It is hard to tell from the picture, but does light shine through the bowl? someone that can read the marks might be along.

Figtree3 likes this.
  3. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Welcome to Antiquers, @Ian Truslove . There are some members here who can read some Japanese and/or some Chinese. I'm not familiar enough to know what this is... but the motif looks Japanese to me. We have a translators volunteer list but the only person who put their name on that for Japanese has not come back here for several years.

My comment will bump this thread back to the top of the list, at least until more posts come in other threads.

Draft saved Draft deleted