Featured Japanese mystery mark 2 ..at least I think it's Japanese...

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by evelyb30, Mar 30, 2023.

1. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

These were a soup kitchen charity store buy. Bought them to help out as much as anything, but they're nice usable Japanese (I think) porcelain. Salad plate size, or close enough. Shot the mark through a 10x rug magnifier, and it's a bit blurry in person too. Anyone recognize these?

DSCF9363.JPG DSCF9362.JPG

Figtree3, judy and Bronwen like this.
  2. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

It's upside down.

aaroncab, judy and Bakersgma like this.
  3. evelyb30

Figures! When I get to the machine where the pix are stored I'll have to flip it.

judy likes this.
  4. evelyb30

5. Chinoiserie

Chinoiserie Well-Known Member

Juzan was the family name and had their own kiln, made pottery for different companies. The Juzan kiln is famous for Arita ware of which some are marked Kutani Juzan". There also appears to be three "Juzan-gama". One is Kutani ware, the other one is Koishibawa ware, one more is Takatori ware.

https://gotheborg.com/marks/20thcenturyjapan.shtml#arita

6. evelyb30

Thanks! I would have taken me six months to find that.

pearlsnblume and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted