Japanese Mixed Metal Art Plaque

Discussion in 'Art' started by Josh, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

I have a piece of Japanese art with Koi on it. I believe that this is a mixed metal piece but am not sure, it is non-magnetic. This measures 11 1/8" by 8 1/8". There is an artists seal in the bottom left corner.

DSCF3466 - Copy.JPG DSCF3469 - Copy.JPG DSCF3468 - Copy.JPG

2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

It appears to be cast aluminum. A magnet should not stick to it. If it does, then not aluminum.
    The fish are either painted or plated. I can't tell from the picture.

Nice piece.

3. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

Magnet does not stick to it, that;s why I was thinking aluminum. I believe the fish are painted.

4. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

How heavy is it? Is there exposed metalon the back where you can get a good sense of the color?

I like it. Nice design.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  5. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

Weighs approximately 2 pounds. There is a small amount of metal exposed on the back and it is silver in color.

6. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I can't help but think I've seen this before, but I can't remember the context.

7. Messilane

Messilane Well-Known Member

Bob, it may be because you commented on it on the old Antiques Board last January.

8. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I guess that would explain it. Hope I'm not contradicting myself.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  9. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

Yes I did post this on the old antiques board a year ago. I was never able to get a translation on the seal, so I thought I would try again.

10. Messilane

Messilane Well-Known Member

Josh, I didn't mean to imply that you shouldn't have posted it here as well!

Many of us have done the same, because one never knows if, perhaps, a new person has come onboard that might know the answer.

11. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

I like it.
    No clue whodunnit, but I like it LOL

Draft saved Draft deleted