Japanese Copper Plate

Discussion in 'Tribal Art' started by wildrose, Jul 25, 2018.

1. wildrose

wildrose Well-Known Member

Can anyone help with the signature on this copper plate, aside from the one that says ROSENBLUTH. It is 8 1/4" diameter. Thank you for any help ! I am at a loss! japanplate.jpg japanplate1.jpg japanplate2.jpg japanplate3.jpg

aaroncab likes this.
  2. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

JohnNL, wildrose, Any Jewelry and 2 others like this.
  3. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

Looks like it was planished first and then the rest of the designs were die stamped.

wildrose, Any Jewelry and judy like this.
  4. JohnNL

JohnNL Well-Known Member

IMG_7312.JPG Always surprised how info on other items can ring a bell, to further information about items i have been trying to find myself. A few weeks ago i bought this gong/bell with stand. Through THIS feed i found out the stand is a model of a torii, very reminiscent to the one at this itsukushima shrine.
    Also found out now that the shield that was in the same box is supposed to hang on the hook in the middle of the beam. (i almost discarded it!). Strangely the text is not the same as on the shield on the itsukushima shrine, so it must be another torii, i guess (don't know what is up or down).
    IMG_7313.JPG
    I thought the hook was for hanging the bell, now i don't know how to hang it anymore or even if bell and stand belong together. What do you all think? Any ideas how to hang the bell?

wildrose and aaroncab like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted