Featured Jadeite Glass Vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kardinalisimo, Dec 17, 2018.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

B7B1E2E5-CA8C-4B95-AB36-D246B4CA2E94.jpeg E410CF79-AC86-410C-9B78-FCB6CE1996F6.jpeg Any idea if the maker? McKee maybe? Rare?
    Thanks

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  2. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

It is lovely. I have never seen that before. If it is Mckee, maybe it is one of a kind or someone made it for fun at the factory. The bottom with most Mckee that I have don't look like that... but who knows. Would make a super floral vase.

I like it.

3. kardinalisimo

4. pearlsnblume

Just in case, I looked it up in my jadite book. The old Mckee catalog has it and calls it a Globe shape.
    Love it.

5. kardinalisimo

Thanks. Do they give it in green color? Can you share edition, page, description etc for reference purposes?
    Thanks

6. pearlsnblume

Hi it is in my Jadite book called Jadite An Identification & Price Guide
    by Keller and Ross 2nd Edition.
    It is on page 155 of that book. They show the vase in a black and white xerox of a Mckee Catalog paper page, so I can't tell what color it may have been. Named Globe, No.1004.
    Keller and Ross don't show it in jadite amongst the vases they photographed.
    I think it is a terrific and rarer find.

I hope you do well with it if you sell it.
    If not, send it to me. Just kidding.

7. kardinalisimo

Thanks for the info, will wrap it up for sale tonight.

8. kardinalisimo

E97DE2B8-0841-476A-976D-165DB2714339.jpeg Btw, kind of similar to the Vulcan design.

scoutshouse and pearlsnblume like this.
  9. kardinalisimo

10. pearlsnblume

I will be watching for the listing. Good luck! They didn't give any kind of estimated value for the vase... just in case you may have wondered.

Just my thoughts, I know people are ga ga for fire king jadite. Personally, I think McKee glass is so much nicer. Seems to be better quality. I have some here in different colors including Jadite and it is so nicely made. But the folks love Fire King and why deny them if we can sell it.:p:p:p
    :)

11. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

So elegant... here's a shot of the base on the taller one... Why would they be different? (not a Sherlock Holmes ID question - just a question :))

Screenshot 2018-12-17 14.38.42.png

judy and pearlsnblume like this.
  12. kardinalisimo

Don’t know. Same with some old pottery, you can find identical shapes with different type of bases.

judy and pearlsnblume like this.
  13. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

This is pressed glass, once it is removed from the mold, it can be manipulated, elongated, bulged, whatever.

pearlsnblume, judy and scoutshouse like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted