Featured Jade and silver bracelet - where & when?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by NewEngland, Dec 11, 2022.

1. NewEngland

NewEngland Well-Known Member

Hello Jewelry people,
    Please help with this very pretty bracelet....where it was made and when. The green stones might be jade. It is marked OCHO or OCIO and (star) 875. Thank you!

jadebraceletresized.jpg jadebraceletresizedb.jpg jadebraceletresizedc.jpg jadebraceletresizedg.jpg

elarnia, Any Jewelry, judy and 7 others like this.
  2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I think I see an 87. if there's a 5 after it, the bracelet is probably Polish. That's the silver fineness. If that is what I'm seeing it's from the 80s or later. Best I got. A real expert might be along later.

judy, kyratango, IvaPan and 3 others like this.
  3. IvaPan

IvaPan Well-Known Member

4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Me either. The marks are a blurry mess. I thought Soviet at first too.

judy, kyratango, KikoBlueEyes and 2 others like this.
  5. NewEngland

Great information. Thanks!

6. NewEngland

judy, kyratango, bercrystal and 3 others like this.
  7. IvaPan

IvaPan Well-Known Member

I found that СЮ0 is one of the abbreviations of Sverdlovsk, here it seems to me 0СЮ though.
    A, you found it, perfect! It looks Soviet anyway.

You can see Sverdlovsk items on ebay and based on them try to make an estimation about the price.

Any Jewelry, judy, kyratango and 3 others like this.
  8. Aznathalie

Aznathalie Well-Known Member

IvaPan!!!!
    Sverdlovsk. 1970.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2022
  9. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Screenshot of 2X enlargement....looks like on the right 'something-r 'w' and 875, but I can be wrong on the letters.....

screenshot of 2X.jpg

10. IvaPan

IvaPan Well-Known Member

Thanks, Nathalie, precise and useful, as usual, you are gorgeous!
    Now the topic starter has all the information about the bracelet.

Aquitaine, the marks are not well seen, but this is the logo of Sevrdlovsk jewelry factory on the right, a five-point star with hammer and sickle in the middle, and then the purity mark 875. The letters on the left are Cyrillic, two letters and a number (the number is related to the year of production), the letters are СЮ derived from Свердловский Ювелирный завод. Below there is more information, in Russian:
    https://nummi.ru/kleimo/kleima-sssr/
    http://www.mintorgmuseum.ru/vocabulary/809/

Interesting for me is that they used to mark the year with only one digit number, and they had 0 for 1960 but obviously they had to distinguish somehow between 1960 and 1970 which can explain the placement of 0 before the letters СЮ for 1970 (as in the case of NewEnlgand's bracelet) in contrast to placing it after the letters СЮ for 1960. Interesting where the number was put for 1980 and 1990. Or it is the letter "O" and not the number "0"???

From the link: Именники обычно имели форму прямоугольной площадки, на которой размещалось краткое буквенное (иногда в сочетании с цифрами) обозначение наименования предприятия с добавлением справа последней цифры года выпуска данного изделия (1959 г. условно обозначается цифрой 9; 1960 г. — цифрой 0 и т. д.). Цифра, обозначающая год выпуска изделия, включалась в общую рамку знака-именника.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2022
  11. IvaPan

IvaPan Well-Known Member

@NewEngland, I cannot judge from the pictures, but is it possible the cabochons to be green amber? Or they are stones?

NewEngland and judy like this.
  12. Aznathalie

komokwa, judy and IvaPan like this.
  13. IvaPan

IvaPan Well-Known Member

Nathalie, you are a treasure! Thank you so much, that's what I need!

So it can be assumed that this factory since 1960s worked with natural stones because of their abundance. It is logical though, Ural Mountains are packed with natural resources, not only stones.

14. NewEngland

I wish I could tell the difference, but I will probably describe the stones as 'light green cabachons' when I list it. I appreciate all your help!!

15. IvaPan

IvaPan Well-Known Member

You are welcome, NewEngland! The bracelet is very nice and I am sure it will sell at a good price.

komokwa and NewEngland like this.
  16. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Yes, she is a fast learner.;)
    Yay Iva!:singing::singing::happy:

17. reader

reader Well-Known Member

No gemologist here but looks more like chalcedony to me. Maybe Jade but not amber. I think it’s gorgeous.

NewEngland, komokwa and IvaPan like this.
  18. IvaPan

IvaPan Well-Known Member

Thank you, Any, I am flattered, your appreciation means a lot :) Although I am miles away from any significant knowledge, I keep learning.
    To be honest, I enjoy the process more than the outcome :joyful: I love solving riddles...

19. IvaPan

IvaPan Well-Known Member

Agree!
    Actually I was looking at the bracelet sold at Vitber site, it's the same and there is a very good quality enlarged image of the stone. I am no expert but it did look to me possible to be amber so I asked. It was not described there what the stones were.

NewEngland and komokwa like this.
  20. Aznathalie

Screenshot_20221212-180732~3-446x552.png Chrysoprase???
    Example

reader, NewEngland, komokwa and 2 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted