Featured J. VAN DEN DOOL? HELP WITH IDENTIFICATION REQUIRED

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by TangerNe11, Mar 14, 2024.

1. TangerNe11

TangerNe11 Member

This piece has been identified as: Model Number 259, Decor: The Hague. Signed vD. = J. van den Dool Dating Ca. 1923-1926. PLEASE..........CAN ANYONE TELL ME MORE ABOUT J. VAN DEN DOOL? I have tried researching the name but get nowhere. Is this the correct spelling? Another post has stated that the decoration is quite unusual and not seen very often? ANY HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED. Many thanks [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

In the future could you please post your images "FULL SIZE"......it's the Top Most image when they're loaded before you post....just click that and it will load each at full size.....easier on all our eyes instead of clicking on thumbnails!!!
    Thank you!!

Any Jewelry likes this.
  3. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

SCHOONHOVEN CERAMIC - NEED HELP TO IDENTIFY

duplicate posts about the same item are unnecessary .... and confusing...

Any Jewelry likes this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

J. van den Dool was one of the employees of Schoonhoven, a Dutch ceramics manufacturer who worked in the Art Nouveau/Art Deco style of Gouda "plateel" ceramics.
    I don't know if you know about the Gouda style and Schoonhoven? If you don't, below is a place to start.

Gouda:

http://www.goudadesign.co.uk/page1.html

Schoonhoven:

http://www.goudadesign.co.uk/schoonhovenrembrandt.html

If you want to know about the life of J. van den Dool, others will be along who may be willing to find out for you.

dgbjwc, Bakersgma and Marote like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted