J. Crew Green/Rhinestone Necklace

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by kraftblue, Feb 4, 2021.

1. kraftblue

kraftblue Well-Known Member

This necklace measures 19" long and has a small circle tag that says J. Crew. Some necklaces on Ebay are selling for some money! I googled but cannot find a site that can date the tag on this. Can anyone help?

jcrew1.JPG jcrew2.JPG jcrew3.JPG jcrew4.JPG jcrew5.JPG jcrew6.JPG

2. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

I don't personally know the J. Crew tags re:dating, but would guess this to be around 2000 plus or minus. The older "look" sort of a redo on vintage with rhinestones and art glass, is somewhat recent and J. Crew did create some fabulous "vintage revival" pieces. They are fairly well made.

If you search sold J. Crew, no one seems to mention date, I think sales have more to do with popularity of the design vrs. specific age. So finding the year of manufacture might not be important.

If you are selling, take a good close-up, mention length and adjustable in the title. It's a nice looking necklace.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  3. kraftblue

Thanks for your help Lucille.

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Not sure date matters. Just checked internet and seems J. Crew introduced its jewelry line in 2006. (That's in keeping with lobster claw.)

Debora

5. kraftblue

Thank you Deb!

6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I like their stuff. I've a fabulous huge bling bracelet (car boot, one whole pound).

Draft saved Draft deleted