Featured it's a beauty - but who made it?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Rclinftl, Dec 24, 2023.

1. Rclinftl

Rclinftl Well-Known Member

I found 2 extraordinary pieces of art glass today at the swap shop for $30 each - I figured out the first piece which was a Christian Thirion sculptural teapot - apparent worth $500-800 - but I haven't been able to decipher the signature on this one.. it is dated 2002 - I didn't measure but it's large - like the size of a bowling ball - appreciate any help! z.JPG
    zz.JPG zzz.JPG

Icarus, nastina.nastea, judy and 14 others like this.
  2. Rclinftl

btw - here is the Thirion teapot I got...

z.JPG

3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

OMG those are gorgeous ! That teapot is fabulous.

4. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

only 2 Thirion Teapots have sold in the last 3 years on feebay
    The last that sold (doesn't look like yours) was September of this year for $75 at auction with 1 bid. I would say you did very well for $30
    One close to yours sold in July 2021 for $415
    upload_2023-12-24_16-45-47.png

5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

A. Madir 2003 ?? I'm sure of the A and the Mad part. Madrin? Their dremel writing is more legible than mine with a pen, btw. :confused::confused::p:p:p

6. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

Madri?

judy and Rclinftl like this.
  7. Rclinftl

I have tried searching using all those combos plus starting with a W and haven't hit anything... now I am thinking the first letter may be 2 letters or something ???

judy likes this.
  8. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

Looks like A. Madvin for Andrew.

9. Rclinftl

you nailed it ! I found Andrew Madvin at his axiom glass studio - sent him a text and the line was indeed a cell - he confirmed that he made the bowl!@#!

10. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It sure is pretty, and now it's identified. Yay!

Draft saved Draft deleted