Italian glass vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by johnnycb09, Dec 15, 2015.

1. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Hi all. Got this gorgeous thing today and its got a red sticker with "made in Italy" on it,so I assume its that. Any hopes of figuring out WHO exactly ? Its 8 1/2 inches high,9 wide. Any and all input is appreciated. DSCN3700.JPG DSCN3703.JPG

2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I suspect one of the Empoli factories. If made on Murano, they'd at least have said that.

3. johnnycb09

Thanks Bear,I hoped youd see this. What would be a good search term for this ? Ive tried swirl,tortoise,etc to no avail. I just cant find one like this,at least not in turquoise . Is it safe to say this is 60s-70s ? I spotted it in the window from 30 feet away and just KNEW I had to have it !

4. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

Have you tried spatter?

5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I'd think 60s or so. And yes, spatter glass ought to work.

6. johnnycb09

Thanks everyone. I just couldn't remember the term "spatter" glass ! Still looking,but it might be Italian blokes in a shed ,though I was hoping it was some designer ! :) Couple of clearer pics.... DSCN3717.JPG DSCN3718.JPG

Draft saved Draft deleted