Italian design table lamp, any ideas?

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Sandy1412, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Sandy1412

Sandy1412 New Member

Hi!
    I found a very interesting vintage lamp at a shop, but all I know is that the designer is Paolo Traversi and it also got a signature. 20210206_165252_opt.jpg My guess is it is from the 70s, 80s.
    Just curious if anyone has any thoughts about its origins or maybe even value? (Just out of curiosity :))
    Thank you!

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Have you done a Google search for information about the designer and other objects he designed?

Debora

3. Sandy1412

Sandy1412 New Member

I have done a research and found a couple of other lamps by this designer (according to the prices I found I made a good deal but you never know with vintage items, probably depends a lot on the model and condition) but not much on the designer unfortunately :(

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Quick internet find... His business was called Paolo Traversi International and he was Milan-based.

Debora

5. Sandy1412

Sandy1412 New Member

Thanks Debora! I knew he was from Milan but adding "international" to my search gave me some more results!

6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Seems to be still about and his business line is "Lounge and dining tables, consoles, mirrors, glass and ceramic lamps with lampshades, glass and bronze objects, etc."

Debora

7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Think you're right re dates. Here's an ad he ran in 1979 in a German magazine.

Debora

s-l1600.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted