Is this teapot yixing?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by rink28, Jul 24, 2024.

1. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

I picked up this teapot at my local goodwill. I don't think it's very old but it looks like fixing. Is that what this is? Thank you for any info

20240724_154140.jpg 20240724_154148.jpg 20240724_154156.jpg 20240724_154242.jpg

pearlsnblume and komokwa like this.
  2. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

You could describe this as a Yixing teapot. It looks fairly new from the photos. They sell similarly shaped ones on Amazon, my guess is that this is a near new version.

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

4. Desertau

Desertau Well-Known Member

Yixing teapots are both old and new, made by master craftsman and noted artists as well as the unknown. They are mass produced in factories and many small studios. The collectibility depends on the same thing as any other ceramic item, artist, age, quality and rarity.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2024
    rink28, bercrystal and Lucille.b like this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I agree a fairly recent piece.
    Pretty, but not one of the desirable ones. For a perfect Yixing/Zisha teapot the handle - top of the pot - spout has to be a perfect horizontal line. So you should be able to rest a ruler flat on those parts.

6. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys!

Any Jewelry and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted