Featured Is this silver and aqua glass bracelet modern?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Elen Beattie, Jul 27, 2024.

1. Elen Beattie

Elen Beattie Well-Known Member

Hi all! Hoping you can help me with this bracelet. It is 8"L, silver and aqua coloured glass- quite heavy. It looks like a panel was removed? The rings don't all seem to sit quite flush and I'm wondering if someone pieced it together or shortened it, not terribly well! The hook is marked 925 which I would assume means modern (Art Deco revival or maybe Mexican?!) but I wanted to double check that it wasn't a little older with replaced parts. Thanks for your help :happy: received_3313864228907822.jpeg received_342033338845978.jpeg received_808533737730778.jpeg received_1489810832415568.jpeg received_1029962351447789.jpeg received_451377644396755.jpeg

2. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Haven't seen similar, but has a nice look. Maybe someone shortened or maybe one of the glass panels broke? Hopefully someone will recognize this. Wait for others.

3. Elen Beattie

Thanks for your feedback! I'm thinking it would have been on the larger side with another panel, for a bracelet since it is already 8".

stracci, kyratango and Bronwen like this.
  4. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

These silver bracelets with big semi-precious stones (they may actually be aquamarine) are being made in India & sell for surprisingly little money. I have one that has an assortment of green & blue-green stones. Don't think I paid even $20 for it, although this was some years ago.

stracci, kyratango and Elen Beattie like this.
  5. Elen Beattie

I did test the stones, they are glass but aquamarine would have been nice ;)

stracci, kyratango and Bronwen like this.
  6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

925 as a mark has been around for a century or more. I’d agree this is recent, and India is a good bet. Lovely colour.

stracci, kyratango and Elen Beattie like this.
  7. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

I do like the facets! I would wear it!

stracci and kyratango like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted