Featured Is this pink opalline portieux vallerysthal glass?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by A Blume, Sep 25, 2024 at 4:31 PM.

1. A Blume

A Blume New Member

Hi there, I have a set of these, also in cocktail and champagne glasses aside from goblets. They were from my grandmother. Are these portieux vallerysthal pink opaline?

Attached Files:

2. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 25, 2024 at 5:21 PM
  3. A Blume

A Blume New Member

Hmm, no etching that I can see. No seams either. I do see an area underneath where the glass may have been detached from blowing?

Attached Files:

laura9797 likes this.
  4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Replacements.com can be a good tool for identifying glass and they (tentatively) agree.

Debora

Screenshot 2024-09-25 at 4.11.58 PM.png

6. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

I used to want white ones, now I really really want pink ones or maybe the yellow, they are just gorgeous!

7. A Blume

A Blume New Member

I do like them a lot. I especially like the turquoise ones too. But this was a pleasant surprise in my grandma’s cupboard. Thank you for the help. Encouraging to know they are likely PV. They will remain as heirlooms in the family. :)

8. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I had blue ones, those look right.

Any Jewelry and laura9797 like this.
  9. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Me too.

Draft saved Draft deleted