Is this old? Earthenware pourer mixing or batter bowl

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by gauntlettgems, Jan 1, 2021.

1. gauntlettgems

gauntlettgems Well-Known Member

D8063A71-E3AE-46C5-A8F6-9A59532C1501_1_201_a.jpeg 389B17C1-1DF1-45F8-B882-C653CEDBC717_1_201_a.jpeg 4128638D-593D-47DB-B015-48CC7230908B_1_201_a.jpeg ACC62D36-8832-41BC-83DD-9967EE1BC1F5_1_201_a.jpeg 195A185D-87BA-488E-8CE7-5E2945804C92_1_201_a.jpeg

Hi all,

This bowl is in amazing shape but the bottom looks like it has some age to it. Feels rough so I am thinking it is considered earthenware. Would you call this color Celadon or is that reserved for Asian pottery only? Any ideas about anything on this would greatly be appreciated. 9" diameter without including the pouring spout. What do you think it is? Would it be considered a batter bowl? Age, maker, origin, material, etc... Thanks for any help!!

TraceyB likes this.
  2. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Looks American depression era to me but WDIK

3. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

The color of the bottoms looks like it might have come from one of the Ohio pottery companies.

4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Very similar to York 49.

TraceyB and gauntlettgems like this.
  5. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

6. gauntlettgems

Cool! I thought it was older

TraceyB likes this.
  7. gauntlettgems

Thank you e1

TraceyB likes this.
  8. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I don’t know if it’s just initials or a starburst, but something here where I circled......but an odd place for anything too!!!

08AB15D1-1C3D-40BE-92A6-4F1DE4A290A0.jpeg

TraceyB and i need help like this.
  9. gauntlettgems

Now I am seeing things in the blob you circled lol What do you see?

10. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Thought it was a poorly defined ‘starburst’ when I first saw it...then tried to get closer, and it just might not be much of anything.....was waiting to see if @i need help thought there was anything there.....! (If you zero in too close it DOES turn in to nothing!!!!)

11. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Looks more like an irregularity to me. See what others think.

Bakersgma, patd8643 and TraceyB like this.
  12. gauntlettgems

I think it is as well but as soon as she said she thought she saw something, my mind went to work! lol don't laugh, I saw a pegasus or unicorn I think I am sleepy

komokwa, TraceyB and i need help like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted