IS THIS MYAN STATUE PRE COLUMBIAN

Discussion in 'Tribal Art' started by Bigfoot, Oct 21, 2024 at 4:52 PM.

1. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Active Member

DSCF7184.JPG DSCF7187.JPG DSCF7189.JPG DSCF7198.JPG DSCF7199.JPG DSCF7201.JPG DSCF7202.JPG DSCF7191.JPG HELLO ALL.....i purchased this at an estate sale approx 20 years ago..i know what im going to say does not mean much with authenticity but the man who passed on was a huge collector..the dealers went nuts in this house and i knew most of the dealers and what they purchased turned out to be authentic..the statue is a little over 8 inches tall and is easily over 10 pounds..its carved out of some kind of granite..its not showing in the photos but when in the sun light it sparkles..looks like theres quartz or maybe mica in this stone...i used very high powered magnifiers and i see no signs of machine tooling..i see no swirl marks or lines all going in one direction..i took some clear photos and im hoping you can see any red flags either way..my guess is this type of art is hard to authenticate but im hoping i can get enough info to decide whether or not to pursue it further...please ask questions...thx in advance for your help.....andy

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2024 at 5:04 PM
    komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted