Featured is this modern art??

Discussion in 'Art' started by hunt2, Jun 28, 2024 at 6:47 AM.

1. hunt2

hunt2 Well-Known Member

IMG_20240628_122645353.jpg IMG_20240628_123250677.jpg IMG_20240628_122102132_HDR~2.jpg Bought this very interesting sculpture and i wonder if it was made in a ceramics course or is it made by a known artist and therefore modern art??

ulilwitch, johnnycb09 and komokwa like this.
  2. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

this would not be considered modern art based on the date of 1996. It would be considered 'vintage' based on the date Usually we say modern for works up to the 1970's. It could considered a contemporary sculpture.

ulilwitch, Marote, mirana and 5 others like this.
  3. hunt2

hunt2 Well-Known Member

ok clear answer. hope someone can figure out the artist.

ulilwitch and komokwa like this.
  4. hunt2

hunt2 Well-Known Member

it turnes out to be a cubist abstract sculpture 12.jpg

laura9797, ulilwitch and johnnycb09 like this.
  5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

It appears to read Linden-Siermann, a hyphenated surname and presumably the artist. Can't read the initial.

Debora

ulilwitch and johnnycb09 like this.
  6. hunt2

hunt2 Well-Known Member

i can´t read the initial not also, but could it be a & mark. and could this tekst and date have been put on as a gift for that person? i wonder

ulilwitch and johnnycb09 like this.
  7. mirana

mirana Well-Known Member

Looks like something made in a college art course. I would say a signature in permanent marker looks like something a student would do, and not a professional, to me.

I think you might be confused by the terms Modern Art and Cubism. Art done in 1996 can't be either. These are names for Art Movements that happened at specific times. You could say something is "in the style of ____" if it is not from the Movement but is inspired by it.

Abstract Contemporary Sculpture would do.

hunt2, ulilwitch and Marote like this.
  8. Marote

Marote Well-Known Member

Angela Suzanna Maria van der Linden-Siermann
    [​IMG]

Lucille.b, reader, hunt2 and 3 others like this.
  9. hunt2

hunt2 Well-Known Member

oke clear answer, learned something again. but i think after watching youtube that it takes real skill to make a sculpture like this. And see post of marote

Last edited: Jun 29, 2024 at 8:08 AM
    komokwa likes this.
  10. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Respectfully disagree that it isn’t cubist. I’d call it a contemporary cubist abstract ceramic sculpture. Isms in art can continue beyond their original inception. Agree that the original movement was an early 20th c movement.

11. hunt2

hunt2 Well-Known Member

12. reader

reader Well-Known Member

13. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Well found @Marote :):)

Marote likes this.
  14. mirana

mirana Well-Known Member

We are in complete disagreement, then. That is not how Art Movements are defined. It's not just the visual look that constitutes a movement. Time period is extremely important.

15. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Yes, we are in complete disagreement.

Draft saved Draft deleted