Is this just a ugly home made piece?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by mymysharona43, May 3, 2015.

1. mymysharona43

mymysharona43 Well-Known Member

looks old to me but certainly ugly, could be old home made...
    Thanks for any help approx 3 inches tall. It has some sort of ridges on both sides, not so visible on one side
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2015
    lauragarnet likes this.
  2. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

It's very rustic, folk art-ish. I like it. Wish I could help, but don't have a clue. I can tell you I would have bought too.:D I like the colors and the craggy look. It could be an individual creamer, since it's spouted.

mymysharona43 likes this.
  3. mymysharona43

Thank you! I picked it up and put it back down and then just bought it, shouldn't have waned only 50cents...

lauragarnet likes this.
  4. lauragarnet

Oh yeah! 50 cents, I would have called it 'mine', too! It gives me a 1940s WPA era vibe. But if it has mold marks, whether factory or studio, there should be more out there, and maybe an ID is possible.

mymysharona43 likes this.
  5. mymysharona43

Probably wishful thinking on my part, but I did post it on the pgp board
    They said possibly student made, another said the base doesn't look old. I guess I must be getting old the base seems to match to top imop but that is why I asked
    What do you think? probably never know who what where or when but....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. lauragarnet

What is that supposed to mean? LOL! Typo's can be so funny, but I can't decipher, so you'll need to clarify.:joyful:

I think I can see a mold mark across the bottom.

7. mymysharona43

sorry that meant in my opinion, holding it in hand sure feels old including the bottom or it seems to match the top

Draft saved Draft deleted