Is this Falcon Ware

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Guy, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Guy

Guy Member

I have researched this and found a similar set that is listed as Falcon ware ground rose pattern. Is it? falcon 1.jpg falcon 2.jpg Any ideas on age would be appreciated

2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Hello -
    Have no idea what Falcon ware is.

Looks to be a floral arranger vase. Most likely German from the early 1900s.
    Where was Falcon ware made?

judy likes this.
  3. Guy

Guy Member

judy and clutteredcloset49 like this.
  4. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

On the one piece I had, the information I found said Falcon Ware was a brand name of Thomas Lawrence Ltd. Apparently made in Lewes, it had an impressed mark on the bottom with Falcon Ware as an over glaze stamp in gold. I have no idea of how conscientious they were in marking their production.

Lewes Geisha Rose Bowl Falcon Ware Thomas Lawrence-a.jpg

LewesGeishaRoseBowlFalconWareThomasLawrence-e.jpg

Guy, i need help and Bakersgma like this.
  5. Guy

Guy Member

It does have this mark on the base. was unable to take photograph earlier. base mark.jpg

6. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I think the stilt marks on the bottom are a good sign, and the pattern looks very similar to the pieces in your link, and they did use that kind of metal frog. You have to guess some of the pieces in the link are marked, otherwise, how would they know?

judy and Guy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted