Is this Edwardian? Brooch Pin, what is it supposed to be?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Emalinedawn, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Emalinedawn

Emalinedawn Active Member

I have had a few mother of pearl brooches and belt buckles and dress buckles over the years that were Edwardian. This piece I actually got with a really pretty dress buckle that is Edwardian so I'm assuming. It is small, about an inch. I'm not sure if the design is purely decorative, or if it is a symbol, or a stylized version of something. Or if it is supposed to be worn vertical? I've just not seen anything quite like it so any help is appreciated :) IMG_4565.JPG IMG_4563.JPG

Any Jewelry likes this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

They often attach coral branches to a brooch or pendant that way. I think this is a mother of pearl 'coral branch'.
    The hinge looks 1930s, and the fun idea is very 30s too. A bit of a 'novelty' brooch.
    It is cute.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    Emalinedawn and yourturntoloveit like this.
  3. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Maybe a stylized doggie?

Emalinedawn and Aquitaine like this.
  4. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

Maybe a stylized headless doggie?

5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

He's got a head......you just have to be imaginative!!!!!!!!!!!:joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::happy::happy::happy::hilarious::hilarious:

judy, Emalinedawn and aaroncab like this.
  6. Mansons2005

okay............I imagined one...................now I am running down the street screaming because it followed me under the bed.......................:zombie::zombie::zombie:

judy, komokwa, Emalinedawn and 3 others like this.
  7. Aquitaine

Won't help........it'll FIND you!!! Trust me.....I ALWAYS used to look under the bed for who knows whatever......of course two older brothers didn't help.....on rare occasion one WOULD hide under and reach out and grab my ankle..........he's VERY luck to still be alive!!!!!!!!!!:smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin:

judy, komokwa and Emalinedawn like this.
  8. Mansons2005

I was eldest of seven boys, and while we were seldom all at home at the same time (away at school, etc.), but when we were it was worth your life to even walk into a dark room................unfortunately Mama was caught as often as a brother............and Ma did NOT like getting full-faced with a bucket of home made slime.............

9. Aquitaine

OMG.............THAT TOPS ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

judy and Emalinedawn like this.
  10. Mansons2005

Okay - I started it (again), so I will stop it and we can get back to Emalinedawn's lovely piece of jewellery....................

SORRY Emaline!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I live for the digressions here.

12. Emalinedawn

My brother was 8 years older and I used to run and jump on my bed, scared of what May lie beneath. One night he got under it and grabbed my ankle as I hurdled my tiny body through the air. I literally hyperventilated lol. Scared him so badly he never did it again lol.

Aquitaine, judy and kentworld like this.
  13. Emalinedawn

judy and aaroncab like this.
  14. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

It's not just the c-clasp, it's the hinge on the other end as well :)

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted