Is this cachepot a Chelsea House piece?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Jaime Riggs, Sep 26, 2023.

1. Jaime Riggs

Jaime Riggs Well-Known Member

This is not signed "Chelsea" but I found a pot with a similar marking "No. 1, Made In England" that was signed Chelsea. I just want to be sure this is a Chelsea piece before I label it as such. Any help appreciated, as always.

F7D73761-D45B-4543-A1F8-F154E6D84829.JPG 813BDB4E-95B4-4940-822C-9662D25F4DA5.JPG

2. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

Chelsea House copied a lot of patterns are are known for quality reproductions. The owner was a client of mine at an auction house I catalogued for. Almost all of their wares are marked accordingly. Sometimes the framed artwork is not as it would have had a sticker.

3. Jaime Riggs

Thanks for helping me so much today. So the Chelsea House piece I found could be a copy of a piece like this?

4. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

The decoration looks to me like consistent with a 1920s taste that was expressed through high end lines like Wedgwood's Fairyland Lustre, or Crown Devon's Lustrine Feildings, a type of ware I have seen described as sybaritic.

Potteryplease likes this.
  5. Jaime Riggs

Ah! that's what I need, some key words to search! Thanks!

6. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

Yes
    Yes - Chelsea House did not originate pieces but produced high end reproductions.

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted