Is this Bohemian 24k glass?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Armando0831, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Armando0831

Armando0831 Well-Known Member

image.jpg I don't know much about Bohemian glass but this looks like a nice piece. It's at $35. Is this a good price??

2. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

I just checked out ebay and prices on similar ones were all over the place. This type of glass is not my cup of tea. If you plan on reselling, you might not make much paying $35.00 for it.

3. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

Armando0831 likes this.
  4. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

This glass became popular around the 1950s.
    The flowers are often called Icing flowers. Because they imitate cake icing.

This type of glass has been made in Austria, Czechoslovakia, Italy and Japan.

We had quite a long discussion about it at the old place. Maybe someone here has a link to it.

It was about the decanters and liqueur glasses. How a man named Bischoff wanted a way to merchandise the liquor in decorative ware.

5. Armando0831

Armando0831 Well-Known Member

Didn't plan on reselling. I just like to pick up items through out the year for the next years Christmas.

6. spirit-of-shiloh

spirit-of-shiloh Well-Known Member

7. spirit-of-shiloh

spirit-of-shiloh Well-Known Member

"Icing flowers".thanks Cluttered for the proper name for these applied flowers. I didn't see all the posts when I first clicked the link. :cool:

8. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

I think this is about full retail. You might squeeze a few more bucks out of it at some venues but really doubt it. As others have pointed out, you can usually do better with a little looking.

Draft saved Draft deleted