Is this bag authentic and what is the name of the style?

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by eastcoaster, Apr 9, 2023.

1. eastcoaster

eastcoaster New Member

Pictures attached.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      107 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      135.8 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      170.2 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      55.7 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      56.7 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      76.7 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      79.4 KB
      Views:
    • 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      File size:
      50.2 KB
      Views:
    • 9.jpg
      9.jpg
      File size:
      349 KB
      Views:
    KSW likes this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Figtree3 and KSW like this.
  3. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

IMHO... fake.
    The wear on the metal bits is concerning, they're supposed to be solid brass.
    Also, the strip of printed leather that makes up the bottom/sides of the bag is cut wrong. I have read that LV never cuts into their logo. Look at the same area on this authentic bag from the LV website... the strip of leather used does not include the logo, in order to avoid having to cut into it.

Authentic bag (no cutting into LV logo):
    Screenshot (177).jpg

Your bag (LV logo apparently cut off):
    LVfake (2).jpg

Last edited: Apr 9, 2023
  4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Found VUITTON bags are almost always counterfeit. Cut-off logo a big red flags. Brands never ever do as, nowadays, the brand is the logo. Interior finishing also concerning.

Debora

5.jpg

Figtree3 and KSW like this.
  5. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

I also read somewhere on any fake purse that the zippers do not run smoothly.

Figtree3 likes this.
  6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

There are companies who will authenticate or not for you. Cost is minimal. Here's one I've used in the past.

https://www.authenticate4u.com

Debora

Figtree3 and Lucille.b like this.
  7. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Agree with everyone here. As mentioned, a huge tip off is that this metal would not be worn like this if real. I don't think there is any question this is a fake.

aaabag.jpg

Figtree3 and stracci like this.
  8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Neither do I.

Debora

Figtree3, Lucille.b and stracci like this.
  9. reader

reader Well-Known Member

1B8823E3-3106-4FBE-80DC-CE34860D40B1.jpeg 4937C4EA-19D1-450A-980B-BBB248AAE5E7.jpeg Just want to clear up some mis-information. Agree the bag is counterfeit BUT
    1. Vuitton findings are coated brass and will discolor although not like the OP’s piece. My bought new by me at the Nice store in the 80s duffles look pretty crappy.
    2. Vuitton tries to not cut off their logos but they’re not going to throw out canvas either and older licensed pieces are definitely cut. Here’s one of mine but you can find a cut logo on a newer piece too. I have.
    3. Have found many authentic second hand pieces on the cheap at yard sales over the years but I admittedly live in the land of the filthy rich although I most certainly am not.

Figtree3 and komokwa like this.
  10. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Good to hear information from someone with first hand experience in the purchase/ownership of LV products. :)
    I've never been so lucky! :rolleyes:

Figtree3, komokwa and reader like this.
  11. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Always happy to help. Have been collecting LV and buying a piece or two often since the 80s. Stopped in 2012. Also inherited a ton of luggage from my folks but sold off all the hard sided pieces. Still use everything. BTW my parents had a couple of fake pieces in their collection which blew me away when I found them after they passed. Probably picked up at Paris fleas as they would go yearly. I just looked at some post 2000 pieces bought at retail by me and the findings all look shiney but the findings on my older pieces are all tarnished and discolored.

Figtree3 and komokwa like this.
  12. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

I went to a sale here locally of one of the John Deere heirs. They owned a dealership here in town. When they moved to Kansas they left a lot of clothes ,jewelry and misc. behind. They asked their neighbor to get a dumpster and dump it all. He said H---NO ! I am going to sell it. I think he made $30,000 on the sale of the stuff since they also left behind a small tractor. I will have to post later the bargains I got. One of the things I did get was the Coffee Table book still it the box $1.00 with all the purses pictured and two brand new in the box locks for $.50 each. The darn locks sell for $75 each! I have had the book on Ebay but need to relist and list the locks with. The heir died less that 6 months after that at age 62.

Figtree3, reader and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted