Is this a Royal Dux?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Zac E, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Zac E

Zac E New Member

Hello all. I'm new to this. I was able to find this today while thrifting. Mainly bought it because I thought it looked amazing, then a friend said it might be a Royal Dux item, but I have no idea what to look for. Thoughts?

RD1.jpg RD1.jpg RD2.jpg RD3.jpg RD1.jpg

Aquitaine likes this.
  2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

The writing says Royal Dux, and the applied pink triangle, which also says Royal Dux, is what you expect to see. Don't see any reason to disbelieve it.

3. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

4. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

judy and patd8643 like this.
  5. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

there are still discussions going on in Europe about the different rose triangles. the most logic seems to be that the ones with a D were used during the Austrian/Bohemian/ Czech era because Duchcov - in German Dux - where the fabrication bought by Eichler lay was still part of the Austrian empire !
    after 1918 the Austrian Empire was smashed into pieces and it may well be that the family decided to replace the D by an E.
    from the colour of the rose triangle I think it may well be a post-1945 piece made for export by the Czechs.
    sadly there is still no deep history of the company; he Czechs - understandably - didn't bother too much about anything German after 1945 and the archives may have been lost during the war.

kentworld, ola402 and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted