Is this a Doulton Lambeth Bibelot?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by StaceyFinds, Aug 18, 2024.

1. StaceyFinds

StaceyFinds Active Member

Hello,

I purchased this dish recently and have used Google imaging to try to identify it. The results are showing Doulton Lambeth Dragonfly or Moth Bibelots. But it looks a little different than versions that I have seen that are marked “Doulton Lambeth”. For example, the water is more solid blue on the marked versions. I have also read that Doulton Lambeth Stoneware is always marked “Doulton Lambeth”. The only marking on this one is what looks like an incised 4. It measures approximately 5.75” wide.

Can anyone help me accurately identify the maker of this piece? Is it true that Doulton Lambeth stoneware is always marked?

Thank you in advance for any help!

IMG_0505.jpeg IMG_0506.jpeg IMG_0507.jpeg IMG_0508.jpeg IMG_0509.jpeg IMG_0510.jpeg IMG_0511.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 18, 2024
    Figtree3 and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

It isn’t Doulton Lambeth, the clay is all wrong and as you say they’re invariably marked. It’s also correct that the blue would be solid.

3. StaceyFinds

StaceyFinds Active Member

Thank you. I cannot find any info on the maker of this one. I’m also wondering how old it might be.

4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

It may well be period. I'm wondering if it's French.

Draft saved Draft deleted