Iridescent Art Glass Vase - help with signature

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by gimbler-dave, Apr 6, 2018.

1. gimbler-dave

gimbler-dave Well-Known Member

Does anyone recognize the signature on this piece? I think I see a year there as well. I've included a few views of the signature. It is a small to medium size piece, 5-5/8 inches high with a 3-3/4 inch diameter rim, weighing 1 pound 2 ounces. Not too exciting under dim light, but really comes alive with a brighter light source. Thank you! Dave
    db_agvase_2.JPG db_agvase_3.JPG db_agvase_1.JPG db_agvase_4.JPG db_agvase_5.JPG

johnnycb09 likes this.
  2. UncleChuckTX

UncleChuckTX Well-Known Member

The first 3 letters look like "Rob" to me.

I don't know if this will help, but I had my graphics program open and thought I'd try a couple of filters:

zcfy6y2m-3.jpg

judy, aaroncab and gimbler-dave like this.
  3. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

4. gimbler-dave

That signature style sure fits say_it_slowly - I could see that. I'm going to look at more of his pieces. Thanks for the enhancement UncleChuckTX, nice what can be done these days! Dave

judy likes this.
  5. gimbler-dave

I looked at some more Rick Hunter pieces, and I can totally believe that this is one of his works.

judy and aaroncab like this.
  6. UncleChuckTX

You're welcome, Dave. I think the Rick Hunter sigs say_it_slowly posted look like a match, especially since there are several other oil spot / iridescent examples attributed to him.

judy, aaroncab and gimbler-dave like this.
  7. gimbler-dave

Yes, that helped convince me too. Plus the date opp. the signature, and even leaving the pontil mark kind of rough. I'm thinking mine is dated 1996.

judy and aaroncab like this.
  8. UncleChuckTX

aaroncab likes this.
  9. gimbler-dave

Great! Thanks for the link!

Draft saved Draft deleted