In the entry of an old public student housing complex !!!

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by bosko69, Jan 13, 2024.

1. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

A friend's son we'd known since he was a baby lived across from the local high school & community college in a lovely little deco building.It was small-maybe four flats.When we walked in the front door this greeted us in the foyer !
    Granted this was 1995,but of course Deco had been hot 30 years and I was Gobsmacked !
    PS-I joked to my Wife,that I might visit one evening and bring home a new chandelier.She summoned my 'better angels' and law & order prevailed.I bet a grand that piece of illumination art is now long gone-insane.The thing was Cinema quality and as I recall 2 to 3 feet long.
    PSS-Sorry for the photo quality,it's a 1995 shot taken with a point-shoot camera.

DECO LAMP.jpg

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

u should have....purloined it !;)

johnnycb09 likes this.
  3. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Absolutely blew my tiny mind,even 30 yrs ago you didn't see this stuff hanging around much anymore.
    PS-What I should've done is contact the building's owner & offered them a few hundred bucks (so as not to get my old pal's son evicted). Those were the days to be an Entrepreneur.
    Now with the great 'Eye in the Sky' it's a *^# show !

Last edited: Jan 13, 2024
    komokwa and johnnycb09 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted