Featured Impressive Pottery Auction

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by vitry-le-francois, Dec 9, 2023.

1. vitry-le-francois

vitry-le-francois Well-Known Member

Thought I would share some of the treats from an antique auction I attended this afternoon. Lots of Rookwood, Roseville and a spattering of other brands.

Unfortunately for me, the prices realized were on the insane side, to say the least. Most of the nicer pieces were selling for full collector book value. Shockingly, most of the lots went to dealers.

As you look through the pictures, anything you see in a box were sold as such-the contents of the cardboard flat/box. Average price was about $300 per lot. Several sold over $1000 and of course, some sold for $20 per lot.

I only managed to get three lots (I'll post those separately).

I spent a total 4 HOURS looking up everything (175 lots total) and pricing each individual item to get a total value of each lot. Many of opening bids started at the high end of the eBay values.

Enjoy!

0-16.jpeg 0-18.jpeg 0-32.jpeg 0-33.jpeg 0-28.jpeg 0-34.jpeg 0-29.jpeg 0-37.jpeg 0-35.jpeg 0-27.jpeg

trip98, Rclinftl, komokwa and 10 others like this.
  2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Fortunate for the value of your own collection.

komokwa, pearlsnblume and Any Jewelry like this.
  3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

I see a few very good things but nothing too great. That Roseville Laurel lot caught my eye, as did the pieces at the front of this last picture. Is the vase Roseville Della Robbia? There are a few Weller, Rookwood, and Peters and Reed pieces I would be a buyer on if the price were right. How was the quality? Any chips, cracks, or repairs? If so, were they noted?

pearlsnblume likes this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

not a shabby collection......by any means !

5. vitry-le-francois

Brad, good eye! The Della Robbia was restored but still sold for $575.00. Overall, the quality was great. Chips/cracks/restorations were all noted in the catalog.

I did get those Peters and Reed vases that are pictured.

verybrad likes this.
  6. verybrad

Great that they noted problems in the catalog. So many auction houses just put everything out as-is. You bought the marbleized vases? I also see some P&R at the very rear of your first photo (also in 2nd photo). I have always wanted a Pereco bowl like I see there. Tall skinny vase was Landsun?

7. vitry-le-francois

Yes, I got the marbleized vases ($75). I also got the Rumrill round pitcher (green 1st picture) lot for $50 and the tall yellow Rookwood vase lot for $175.

Which tall/skinny vase? Last pic? I think those were Roseville.

komokwa likes this.
  8. verybrad

Looks like you got some good buys.

Tall skinny vase (can only see the top) in first and second pic next to green P&R Pereco bowl. Am thinking it is P&R, like this..... This one is Landsun but think done in other glazes. Also see it in Landsun but often much lighter than this with the main coloration being at the base.

landsun.jpg

Bakersgma likes this.
  9. vitry-le-francois

ah ok...I can't remember the price of that lot. I didn't want it because there were some issues with the other items in that lot so I didn't pay attention to it when sold.

verybrad likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted