Impressionist Island? Painting

Discussion in 'Art' started by kardinalisimo, Jan 30, 2016.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

No signature found. Any idea of the location?
    Thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

KingofThings likes this.
  2. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

The cypress trees and building's columns and the overall color scheme give me a Greek vibe. I like the zigzag design. Absolutely no idea of artist or age. I think it's pretty, and that zigzagging and high overhead perspective would make it memorable for me among island landscapes. The sea/sky is oddly white, but it still works, I think... the absence of a horizon I like.

KingofThings likes this.
  3. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

I've no clue but I really like it! :)

4. TheOLdGuy

TheOLdGuy Well-Known Member

Try a search for aerial view of islands. Do images. I had thought maybe Philippines. Not really. Did Greece, Seychelles, Dubai, etc. Tons of what might resemble. But NADA with so many houses/structures. So I'll go back to my first impression - Artistic imagination.
    I'm not a fan of impressionist paintings, but will say that one is acceptable. Because of the fantasy of any such place actually existing. Neat? No!. Messy neat? Probably.

5. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

I don't see this as being a real place. Painted purely for decoration.

KingofThings likes this.
  6. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

Brad, for decoration you mean like factory/mass produced type of painting?
    I am debating between a real ot fantasy place. Could be a hybrid, a real place, modified by the artist.

KingofThings likes this.
  7. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Considering Brad's remark, it occurs to me that an island of that shape would be very unusual, AND easily flooded or stormed out, and therefore a bad place for such dense, big architecture... I vote for pure fantasy!

KingofThings likes this.
  8. TheOLdGuy

I agree Brad, the question with me was, is there really an area anywhere with such symmetrical islands. Never mind the structures. That put me on search before I once again made a fool of myself. :eggface:

Decided to give up, even after looking at Dubai's man made islands.

Kard, I think you can tell us if it's hand or factory painted.From what I can see I'd vote the former.

Wow!!! Gila. I never even thought of that. One more reason to not even have started a search.

GaleriaGila likes this.
  9. Mark London

Mark London Well-Known Member

Factory painting are done by hand. Oftentimes the painters employed by the paint factories are quite skilled.

KingofThings likes this.
  10. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

Its located on the northwest coast of Russia

The White Sea :rolleyes:

KingofThings likes this.
  11. TheOLdGuy

Mark. I know perfectly well what a factory painted picture is. I was talking about painting factories. :D

OK, Davey. You caught me the other day, on eBay, but just because I'm stupid doesn't mean I'm dumb. Next time you're around Russia's west coast port, send me a pic. OK?
    :p

Draft saved Draft deleted