Featured Imari bowls... more info?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by jeasta, Jul 26, 2024.

1. jeasta

jeasta Well-Known Member

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone recognized the backstamp on these Imari bowl/ chargers. Also is there a name for these? They are large round shallow bowls; I don't think they are very old. I was thinking vintage, but I don't know if they are Chinese or Japanese. Please let me know if y'all have more info. Thanks! IMG_1693 2-2.jpg IMG_1668.jpg IMG_1669.jpg IMG_1672 2.jpg

kentworld, Aquitaine and mmarco102 like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

size ?
    where did you find them?

3. jeasta

jeasta Well-Known Member

The larger one is just over 13" in diameter and 3" deep. The smaller one is 11" in diameter and 2.5" deep. I purchased them at an antique fair in Texas.

Potteryplease and komokwa like this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

just finding two of what looks like a set in the same place , makes me think they are recent .....:confused:;);)

Potteryplease likes this.
  5. jeasta

jeasta Well-Known Member

I did say I don't think that they are old, but the sticker looks vintage to me.

komokwa likes this.
  6. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Dunno, but gotheborg.com might be worth a look under (modern) Japanese marks. Google lens showed the sticker on an eBay listing but that was it. That sticker should be google-able.

7. Chinoiserie

Chinoiserie Well-Known Member

Looks like it is japanese.. late 20th century. Got some results for the label on image search but all in foreign lingo. No entiendo

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174795784295

I'm thinking maybe the label is Andrea by Sadek but struggling to get a match

Last edited: Jul 27, 2024
    kentworld, Potteryplease and jeasta like this.
  8. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Chinoiserie likes this.
  9. Chinoiserie

Chinoiserie Well-Known Member

I've seen very similar items with gold imari marks on the base too. I fell asleep looking eventually.

I wasn't sure if Sadek was actually a manufacturer or just distributed items.

kentworld likes this.
  10. jeasta

jeasta Well-Known Member

Thank you guys! I really appreciate it. I had them pegged for late 20th century but could not find the maker's mark.

Draft saved Draft deleted