identify mark on minature tea pot

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by rink28, Dec 28, 2018.

1. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Hi, i was wondering if anyone could help me identify the mark on this miniature tea pot? If anyone has any info that would be great thanks!

teapot1.jpg teapot2.jpg tapot3.jpg

judy likes this.
  2. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

It just says Kutani.

3. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Oh ok thanks janetpjohn! Do you know what year? Also is this porcelain? Because when I searched "kutani teapot" it kept saying porcelain but doesn't look like it

judy likes this.
  4. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

If you hold it up to a light, you should be able to see through the bottom=porcelain.
    I would guess mid 20th century or later, but you can read more on gotheborg.com. Click on Japanese marks on the left menu.

Bakersgma, judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It has a fan, that's good enough for me.:happy: And it is cute.

i need help and judy like this.
  6. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Thank you all for the info! Thank any jewlery :)

Any Jewelry and i need help like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted