Featured Identify Chinese Tables

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by mmarco102, Aug 12, 2018.

1. mmarco102

mmarco102 Well-Known Member

IMG_1413.jpg IMG_1415.jpg IMG_1416.jpg IMG_1417.jpg IMG_1449.jpg IMG_1452.jpg Hi, I am new to this board and have recently posted on Antiques board, but I have come across these two Chinese Tables measuring 33.5" tall X 23" wide with pink marble tops. They weigh about 45-50lbs each and have no damage as to broken areas at all to any of the woodwork, aside from the obvious aging. I can not find any screws, nails or staples and there is some chinese writing underneath.
    can anyone help me Identify period and estimated value. Many thanks

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  2. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I'm with kyra (as usual;)).
    These tables are typical for the late 19th-early 20th century.

4. mmarco102

Thank you for your response, Yes I have seen others like that one. They are very small in size 17" high, Thank you for liking mine best :=)

5. mmarco102

I'm Crossing my fingers that mine are very detailed with visible age, and can possibly be earlier 19th. Just wishful thinking is all. These seem visibly old but maybe just not recently restored *shrugs*

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  6. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

LOVE THEM !!! ... Joy.

7. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

VERY nice!!!!!

i need help likes this.
  8. mmarco102

I was just offered $200 each for them :bored:. I feel a bit insulted, should I be? I understand that something is only worth what another is willing to pay for it, but these tables have great hand carved detail and never been broken or repair, not even a chipped off piece. Are they really that common in this size. I cant find any this size on the internet, only the 18" stools or stands for a plant. Or is it, there is no demand for this style? (I dont really want them either, lol)

judy likes this.
  9. James Conrad

James Conrad Well-Known Member

No, i don't think so, I'd take the 200 each & run! Kyra link has them as post 1920 so not even antique, more like vintage and since there is a depression in antique "brown furniture" prices ........
    Plus that's about what they brought at auction in Kyra link.

mmarco102 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted