Identification Help SAXE Green Crown pattern? Ahrenfeldt?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by burningdog72, Aug 4, 2022.

1. burningdog72

burningdog72 New Member

Picked up these two pieces (10" plate and 10" bowl) and the pattern has stumped me. I can't find anything like it and I'm hoping you all can help. TIA!

Attached Files:

2. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

The pattern is the number 4724-1964. It's shown on the replacements site under Saxe, but none available.

3. burningdog72

burningdog72 New Member

I saw that - looking to sell these on ebay and was really trying to finds some comparable sales - replacements was the only info I found, which wasn't too helpful

4. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

5. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

You are going to have trouble finding comparables as few pieces of any particular Saxe pattern turn up very often. Saxe seems to sell based on the extravagance of the decoration on an individual piece rather than by pattern. Your pieces are lovely, though, and different for Saxe.

6. burningdog72

burningdog72 New Member

Thank you so much for your help! It is appreciated!

7. burningdog72

burningdog72 New Member

8. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

If I'm reading Chris Marshall's response on the other thread correctly I would say it's a piece imported from Germany by Ahrenfeldt. Chris is a leading expert (perhaps THE leading expert) in German porcelain and I can assure you his response is well documented.

johnnycb09 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted