ID Mintons pattern

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by J Dagger, Sep 12, 2022.

1. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

I explained on another thread that a sale runner gave me some free bonus Belleek after I bought some this last weekend. I told them I didn’t realize the bonus stuff was Belleek. I had just glanced at them and I assumed it was Lenox I told them. They assured me it was more Belleek that I had missed and gave it to me. Sweet deal. Took it out today to realize it was neither, it’s Mintons. I have six teacups and six saucers. I’m bad at ID’ing patterns though. Anyone know these? Very unusual saucers at least to me. I’ve never seen ones like it. Mintons is probably better than Belleek and Lenox in many instances so it works out. 171C2195-2468-4A77-B19D-FD79E431FDD2.jpeg 1E4FC548-0D30-47FB-AC8A-57A5D03B8AA5.jpeg 02D5B5BA-AE53-424F-8117-776DBFBFDCFE.jpeg

Any Jewelry and judy like this.
  2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

The shape is called a tennis set. You put biscuits next to the cup.

It may not have a name, much Minton doesn't.

3. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

Could also be called a breakfast set or snack set.

J Dagger likes this.
  4. Ownedbybear

True, the tennis set name is the UK terminology.

J Dagger likes this.
  5. J Dagger

Ingenious design. I’d love to have a slightly bigger one for a coffee mug and my morning pastry.

6. J Dagger

Oddly using tennis, breakfast, and snack terms I found none of eBay

7. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

8. J Dagger

Thanks! I hadn’t gotten around to the greater web yet. Just thought it was interesting there were zero listed on eBay as such. Maybe a little rare or maybe listed under a different term. Your first link points to this wavy scalloped style/pattern being known as White Fife. Which seems to run true.

TallCakes likes this.
  9. Ownedbybear

10. J Dagger

11. Ownedbybear

The fact you've a set of six will be a major point. I'd sell those as singles with options for more, if that makes sense.

J Dagger likes this.
  12. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

157 tennis sets currently on eBay US.
    I own several myself!

J Dagger likes this.
  13. J Dagger

Sure does! :)

14. J Dagger

I was looking specifically for Mintons in this pattern not just in general. Actually zero Mintons at all in any pattern.

bluumz likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted