Featured I Just Can't STOP!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Snowman Cometh, Sep 3, 2024.

1. Snowman Cometh

Snowman Cometh Well-Known Member

I used to collect only movies. I'm up to almost 4000 blu rays.
    Then I had the idea to collect autographs from ALL the major players from the film METROPOLIS. Check.
    Then I started collecting art.
    Then I bought a stereoscope viewer at a flea market.
    Then came hundreds of cards.
    then I bought ONE STINKING TIN TYPE. This is the first I ever bought. I LOVE THIS
    upload_2024-9-3_22-58-40.jpeg
    That opened the flood gate.
    I won't pay much for any single photo. Most of the time I'll see one in twenty, and ask how much for the bunch. I usually get them all for $5. So, I have a few nice ones very cheap.

These I bought singlely. I liked them all. They all have some form of "it".
    upload_2024-9-3_23-1-6.jpeg
    upload_2024-9-3_23-1-23.jpeg
    upload_2024-9-3_23-1-41.jpeg
    upload_2024-9-3_23-1-59.jpeg
    upload_2024-9-3_23-2-18.jpeg
    upload_2024-9-3_23-2-31.jpeg
    I actually paid $2 for this. Their either sisters or a couple.
    upload_2024-9-3_23-3-9.jpeg

2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Love the 2nd one and the WW2 one . They are all cool though. For all you know they could be mother and daughter in the last one. The one seated looks older . Besides,in the past people showed far more physical affection than we do now. Lest one be tainted with the gay brush. No politics meant but I swear the girl in the 1st photo sorta looks like Barron Trump ,doesnt she ?

3. Snowman Cometh

Actually she does.

It's such a shame that people don't keep photos when relatives pass away. I've been to estate sales, where 1960s and 70s photos in books are trying to be sold, and no one ever buys them. Do they trash them? Me, my brother and sister have all our photos from childhood. Yeah, my wife will trash them when I keel over. Well, die standing up from the hoarding.

4. Potteryplease

Potteryplease Well-Known Member

I have a friend who collects random 70s-80s portraits of people he doesn't know.

It's a little weird.

5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

how maybe blue ray players do u have ?

those 2 gals are wearing the same pinky rings........... the one in the chair being the Dom..

6. Snowman Cometh

I didn't notice the rings till you pointed them out. Good eye.

I have three blu ray players. One I've had since 2013 when we got our Epson 5010. It's a 3D home theater projector. So, I get a nice 9' wide screen. The second is a thrift store Samsung that can be hacked, and I can watch Region B blu rays from all the popular classic film distributors like Eureka, BFI, Powerhouse... The third is on our flat screen TV that I never watch. I like old fashioned TVs. The image just looks better to me. I have a 19" old TV with a DVD/VHS player. I have the complete Columbo, Partridge Family, Munsters, I Love Lucy and many other TV shows I watch on that. I have a little mini entertainment paradise.

johnnycb09 and komokwa like this.
  7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I saw an All In the Family collection the other day, but didn't buy it. The third lady down looks like she should be in my mom's family, and the adult lady in the fourth shot is a dead ringer for someone I knew.

Snowman Cometh likes this.
  8. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

I am in complete agreement that they all have some kind of "it" factor. Very cool.

Snowman Cometh likes this.
  9. Tiquer

Tiquer Well-Known Member

I hear ya! I always want to buy laserdiscs. I don't even have a player!

10. Snowman Cometh

If you're in PA, I have 150 laserdisc films and a player that still works.

11. Tiquer

Tiquer Well-Known Member

NOOOOOOoooooo

I'm in DE, thank God :D

Draft saved Draft deleted