I have a lamp

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Michael P, Apr 7, 2022.

1. Michael P

Michael P New Member

image_67212033(1).JPG image_67234561.JPG image_67235841.JPG image_50420993.JPG image_16864001.JPG I picked this lamp up and I think it's awesome. I did some research and I think it's all original. Really fantastic condition. I would like to know its potential worth and if the wiring and prisms look original.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2022
    stracci likes this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

lovely, but we don't appraise items here.

maybe if you do some research , you might find others like it that have sold.....in auction or on line, or on Ebay.

BoudiccaJones likes this.
  3. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Does it have a mark other than the BM 1069? Just using full image for your initial photos, which are very nice. I couldn't find anything like it using Google Image search. It is certainly unique.

image_67212033(1).JPG image_67234561.JPG image_67235841.JPG image_50420993.JPG image_16864001.JPG

sabre123 likes this.
  4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

5. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

6. Michael P

Michael P New Member

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I did get some info off worthpoint. I was hoping that someone could back up some of the data on that site, like era and whether or not the prisms could be the originals. They are all matching so I assume yes unless they were all uniformly replaced.

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  7. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

Welcome Michael,
    It looks original to me. I assume the shades are not removable without removing the bulb holders? Has yours been rewired, I'm seeing two different colors of wiring in your last pic?
    It is a beautiful lamp.
    Mikey

Figtree3, Born2it and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  8. Michael P

Michael P New Member

Not sure about the rewiring but you're right I didn't notice that about the wiring underneath. I'm no wiring expert but the cord and plug seem older but maybe theyr aren't original.

9. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

I believe the lamp is a mid 20th c. piece. The bright electro plate is what one would see in the 50's -60's. That white plug is definitely 50s -60s.

Figtree3, Born2it and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  10. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

You can take a look at Borske Sklo Nemo as a possibility for the glass.

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted