Featured I cast a long line, and caught a whopper...

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Brian Warshaw, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Brian Warshaw

Brian Warshaw Well-Known Member

...along with 13 tiddlers.

I really should have have bought them on Saturday when I first saw them; but I didn't, so I got early this morning, hoping to be the first in queue when the shop opened.

I was fourth, but close enough, and as the doors opened I zoomed straight to where I knew they were.

The whopper: 54 cm x 30 cm

DSCF6817 lowres.jpg

and Mark on its back:

DSCF6816 lores.jpg

and the Tiddlers: 24.5 cm diameter

DSCF6808 lowres.jpg

and the Mark on most of their backs:

DSCF6815 lowres.jpg

I'm in know doubt all of them are Sarreguemines; but previously seen those marks so have no idea of dates or who AR-FR are. Possibly around 1970?

I will contact Sarreguemines-Passions, they are very good. Always reply, but they are sometimes very slow due to level of queries and shortage of volunteers.

So I thought that somebody at Antiquers might know the answers. An American sales site attributes a whopper they have available for $345 to Sevres. I think they are over-the-top on both things.

Look forward to your comments. Thank you.

2. JayBee

JayBee Well-Known Member

Love the whopper! :)

3. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Better than a Burger King Whopper any day tho I loved those too.

johnnycb09, Brian Warshaw and komokwa like this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

i think it's fishy...:playful:

johnnycb09 and pearlsnblume like this.
  5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Sarreguamines charges caviar prices - hope you got them for the cost of tinned tuna!

johnnycb09 and pearlsnblume like this.
  6. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

AR-LR

Lucille.b likes this.
  7. Brian Warshaw

Brian Warshaw Well-Known Member

I think I did; €20 for the 14 pieces. The 13 plates weight 9 kg, without the whopper. I hope to get the caviar price when I sell them.

Tanya and pearlsnblume like this.
  8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

20 Euro for 14 pieces? I'd say you did! I've gotten a piece or two that cheap, but only because Americans don't usually know what it is.

Brian Warshaw likes this.
  9. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Great purchase!

Brian Warshaw likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted