Featured I am in love! Bernhardt table, chairs, and china cabinet

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Kasperscuriosities, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Kasperscuriosities

Kasperscuriosities Two hundred years too late.

This came in yesterday and oh if I had the money or the room for something like this. The table has 2 leafs that are not currently in it. I know it is all made by Bernhardt. I am not normally a lover of china cabinets but i could make an exception for this one. Not a huge fan of the chairs but i do love the table.
    FB_IMG_1461112587912.jpg FB_IMG_1461112582735.jpg FB_IMG_1461112561280.jpg FB_IMG_1461112554726.jpg FB_IMG_1461112546905.jpg

2. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

I liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike!

EDIT
    But it's better that I don't have it. I'd spill turpentine and paint on it, and the parrot would chew it... oh, but what a beauty!

Kasperscuriosities likes this.
  3. Kasperscuriosities

Believe me this would not stay in this condition in my house either. I too have a few pieces that were destroyed by my old parrot buddy Peewee. Peewee was estimated to be around 45 years old when I took her in. She used to scream Rah Rah! Raaaaah Rah! When i was in the shower or another room. I would have to answer Peeeweee! My name is Robin so it was really funny. She learned it in another home though. I had her for about 7 years. Unfortunately she passed around 5 years ago. Right after I found out I was pregnant with my daughter. I really miss her she was super sweet. I also used to have a African Grey named Floyd. I raised him from a baby but when he was around 10 years he turned super agressive on me. He only loved my ex husband. I couldn't handle him at all. It was like one day he just didn't like me anymore. I have always said it was because I was like his mama and he was being a rebellious teen. When me and the x divorced I decided to let him keep him. It only seemed right. We don't really talk since we kind of hate each other (lol not really) but I have heard that Floyd is still doing good. I attached a pic of my sweet Peewee. She was a snuggle bug. A lot of my furniture still has chew marks from her. She was a rescue I never really knew her whole story.
    FB_IMG_1461113516718.jpg

4. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

OOOO
    MMMM
    GGGG
    !!!!!!!

Beautiful, precious!

Yes, we're parrot-sisters.
    My Ricardito is 30 this year.
    rbird.jpg

5. Kasperscuriosities

Awww. What a sweetie. Love the name. Peewee was Peewee when I got her. They are such clowns and have so much personality in those little bodies.

Floyd was a toot. (Toot is not the word I really want to use here.) I had greyhound who was as sweet and gentle as they come. Floyd was such a jerk. He would crawl down and call him so nicly. The dogs name was Euro. He would say "Euro! And kiss, come here sweetie, come here Euro." Poor Euro would always jot over in such a happy mood stick his nose up to Floyd and Floyd would bite the crap out of him. Euro would yelp and run away crying. It wouldn't be five minuets later that Floyd would do it again and Euro would fall for it everytime. I had to keep them seperated for Euro's sake. I loved Floyd but to be honest I don't miss him. I rasied a spoiled brat. He was really a sweet bird at one time then he grew into a bully. He bullied every other pet in the house at one time or another and appeared to take great pleasure in it. You can not tell me that parrot wasn't super intelligent. I think him and my x really deserved one another. LOL!

6. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

I totally get those experiences...
    Ricardito terrorizes every living thing in the house... pets, plants, people.
    Thank you... for another opportunity to vent a bit!
    Vivan los papagallos! Y sus esclavos. Long live the parrots. And their slaves.
    :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Kasperscuriosities likes this.
  7. Wanttoknow

Wanttoknow Well-Known Member

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

8. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Mme Kasper... since it's your thread, and I know you'll forgive me...
    Again...
    My little terror singing his version of J-Lo's "Big, Big Booty"
    'Big, big, booty... it's a big, big booty... whatcha got a big booty? On the dance floor! Boootayyyyy!'

9. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

That Cabinet is GORGEOUS!!!! House couldn't handle it, but still gorgeous. And, since dining table and chairs bolted to floor, that ain't gonna happen either!!!! ONE BEAUTIFUL set though!!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted