Hunting and fly fishing painting any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Art' started by Kevolee, Feb 18, 2024.

1. Kevolee

Kevolee Well-Known Member

Hi, I have this what I believe to be and original painting that is unsigned. It shows a fly fisherman and a hunter in the same scene. The colors are very vivid and the execution seems to show some artistic skill, the tilting tree aside. There are definitely spots where the paint is raised a bit and where the paint has dried glossier in some areas, which leads me to believe it is not a print. The board the painting is on measures 16" by 10.5". There are a lot of painters and paintings in this style and they seem to have some popularity. I know it's a longshot, but does anyone have any guesses on an artist? Thanks in advance for any help.

h1.jpg h2.jpg h7.jpg h3.jpg h5.jpg

Attached Files:

• h8.jpg
      h8.jpg
      File size:
      810.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Yours appears to be the work of a trained commercial artist. It's more illustrative than fine art. It's unlikely you'll ever be able to identify the artist.

Debora

3. Kevolee

Kevolee Well-Known Member

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. I remember now seeing illustrations like this in outdoor magazines in the past. I do like the contrasting dawn to daylight colors of the sky in the backround.

charlie cheswick and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted