How to tell you have a high priced valuable versus a decorative piece - S Kinsburger

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by David Edward, Jul 19, 2023.

1. David Edward

David Edward Member

I am still trying to learn about antiques so please bear with me. Three generations of my family now go out every Saturday to attend yard sales and estate sales. I have been very lucky in what I have found. It's been a ton of fun.

I just recently purchased several metal sculptures or busts. For this post I am wondering how to spot high quality. This piece of S Kinsburger seemed to check all my boxes. Heavy very detailed, signed and I find it beautiful. It has been my experience that most people do not know how to price yard sale or estate sale items so I do not consider price paid to be an indicator of quality.

How do I know whether I have acquired a valuable heirloom or a pricy decoration for myself? Any books I could research?

It must weigh 20# and it measures 17" to the top of her hat. On the bottom there is a paper #'d sticker and DV impression

I would greatly appreciate any information.
    S Kinsburger.jpg S Kinsburger a.jpg S Kinsburger b.jpg

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

.1st off I'm no expert on bronzes.......
    that said...

I don't like your s...b...r....or the K being the same size as the rest of the letters .
    So, I don't like the siggy , compared to others I've found.

[​IMG]

I don't think the face is up to his quality either....

I haven't bee able to find yours out there....& it seems he's well documented.

I believe yours is missing a base..
    I can't say what the scratched in DV is, but the paper label is the sellers notation...

I can't say for sure that you have a bronze !

I'm hopeful that others may come along to dispute my observations......!:confused::confused::hungover:

Figtree3 and sabre123 like this.
  3. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

4. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

sabre123 likes this.
  6. David Edward

David Edward Member