How old is my Wedgwood jug?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Ratsy Brown, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Ratsy Brown

Ratsy Brown Well-Known Member

hello all

I found a Wedgwood jug, but im having trouble dating it. According to various sites you can date Wedgwood by one of the three letters on the base, however i dont know which to use, also some letters have been used more than once for different years which adds to my confusion.
    A number 24, letters P & S, as well as another mark i cant work out are all on my jug. Ive found the same design in a few places however ages and value vary wildly, so trying to pin mine down is proving a bit tricky.
    Approx 7” tall
    Any help is appreciated
    8DB274FB-5DA5-4B68-98DD-1DDDA9E2F7DD.jpeg 73F68828-1766-4B9C-A6B3-14B673B19CD9.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  2. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

My understanding is that if a Wedgwood piece doesn't have the word "England" on the bottom, it dates from before 1891. I know what you mean about the changes in lettering and the confusing dates.

I know that @Ownedbybear knows a lot about Wedgwood, and there may be others... So, it's good to wait.

Draft saved Draft deleted