How do I care for and clean my diamond ring?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by esenlee, Oct 21, 2024 at 4:02 AM.

1. esenlee

esenlee New Member

Hey everyone! I’ve had my diamond engagement ring for a few months now, and I want to make sure I’m taking proper care of it. I’ve heard different advice on cleaning methods, but I want to avoid doing anything that could damage the ring or the diamond itself.

I recently read a blog on DiamondNet where they gave some really useful tips. According to them, the safest way to clean your diamond ring at home is by using a mixture of warm water and mild dish soap. They suggest letting the ring soak for about 20-30 minutes, then gently scrubbing it with a soft toothbrush. It sounded pretty simple, but they also mentioned avoiding harsh chemicals like bleach or chlorine, as those can damage both the metal and the stone over time.

They also recommended getting the ring professionally cleaned once or twice a year, which I’m thinking about doing to keep the sparkle going. I’ve heard ultrasonic cleaners can be risky if you’re not sure about the stone’s setting, so I’m a little cautious about using one.

For anyone with more experience—does this sound right to you? How do you usually clean and care for your diamond rings? Any tips for making sure the ring stays in great condition long-term?

2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Pop it in a drop of gin or vodka for a few minutes, then an old toothbrush.

Draft saved Draft deleted