Featured Hoping to get help with Limoges marks on pretty dish

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by carman, Oct 11, 2023.

1. carman

carman Member

Limoges dish back medium.jpg Limoges dish scene.jpg Hello! I am hoping someone can tell me something about this Limoges dish. On the back it has a mark which is an "arrow pointing left" along with the words LIMOGES FRANCE. It also has the words MADE IN FRANCE. And, there is a circular marking which contains what looks like FRENCH POTTER Co CHICAGO. This dish is approximately 12 1/2 inches x 6 1/2 inches. It seems to be in very good condition except, unfortunately, there is one View attachment 456874 View attachment 456874 Limoges dish back medium.jpg chipped area on the top edge which is approx. 1/2 inch in length. Would appreciate any information! Thank you!

2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

My guess would be the blank was made in France, and then shipped to the USA undecorated. The rest was done here.

3. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

4. carman

carman Member

Draft saved Draft deleted